Steaming / Humidifying is one of the fastest and effective way of preparing shuttlecock for tournament. It’s recommended that this process is performed 2-3 days before being used and stored in a cool and humid area. There are multiple ways to create the steam needed for humidifying the shuttlecock. One way is to boil a water and use the steam. A much better approach is to purchase a humidification system that produce warm/cool steam.
|– Steam Step 2 –||– Steam Step 3 –|
6 Steps of Steaming / Humidifying
- Remove both ends of the shuttlecock tube’s caps.
- Place each tube over the humidifier exhaust or a pan full of steaming water so that the steam can pass through from one end, the entrance, of the tube to the other end, the exit.
- When the steam comes out of the exit end of the tube, wait for 2 seconds and turn the ends around.
- Repeat from steps 2 with the change.
- Caps both ends of the shuttlecock tube to keep the moisture inside the tube.
- Store the tube in a cool and humid room, e.g. your bathroom / shower. Never store or leave shuttlecocks in your car during dry Hot OR Cold weather!